Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Beach Brights

Still playing catch up. It has been a month since I came back from the cruise, yet I am still in the process of going through my photos. Having a two-week vacation sure was nice, but between starting a new job and catching up on errands, it felt like I was being haunted by a never-ending to-do list. I can't begin to count the number of times I had to remind myself to slow down, take a break and breathe. It sounds absolutely ridiculous to do the exact opposite when you are inundated with a series of errands waiting to be crossed off, but the momentary calmness truly allows you to re-seize control over the situation and approach the task with clarity and intention. This process allows you to act with efficiency and to enjoy the moments in between. Let's be honest here, when are our errands and responsibilities ever going to end? While going through the photos, I revisited the moment where I stood by the beach, watching and listening to the waves. So I recalled those feelings and made a pact to always slow down, listen and breathe deeply to take in the entirety of moment.

While looking at these snapshots (omg I haven't been this tanned for 5+ years), I not only remembered how beautiful Sapphire Beach was but also just how much I friggin' love this dress! This is the third dress I have purchased from Egocloset, which has one of the most hip, edgy and eccentric clothing collections in town. Everything about this dress gets my heart racing - the impressionistic mix of bright colours, the refined neon lines that flatters any figure, the cut-out back, the flowy quality of the fabric - like I said, it really sets my heart fluttering. If you are looking for some knock-out dresses for the summer, then you must check out the website for their newest collection! [This dress is no longer in stock but here's a cut-out electric blue dress that's just as hot!]


Even if you can't get away on vacation just yet, do whatever you need to do to get to your happy place. Whether it be hiking, doing a yoga class, shopping, gorging on delicious food, napping....do whatever it takes to make time for yourself. You know you are worth it.

xoxo,
Cecilia 



No comments:

Post a Comment